School Counseling Department
Middle School Guidance Office
Fax: (518) 298-7987
MS IEP Counselor Middle School Counselor
Rebecca Whitney Amber Beggs
Middle school counselors are able to provide academic, career, and/or personal/social services through one-on-one counseling, group counseling, referral to community agencies, class scheduling and planning, career planning.
Middle school counselors will also provide academic skills support, study and test-taking skills, and will occasionally discuss career options even though students may be years away from stepping out on their own. Career planning has proven to be a successful motivator for many school counselors.
Counselors can also assist in referring students to community agencies. Counselors are in continual contact with multiple professionals throughout the community and can help ease the transition, if need be. Some of the community agencies include mental health services, department of social services, extracurricular activities or groups, family counseling, support groups, etc. Please feel free to speak to your counselor about the different agencies available to you.
- Individually and in groups with their concerns, plans and achievements
- Learn decision making and interpersonal skills
- Gain optimum benefit from their school experience
- Work with the school to plan their child's education
- Learn more about school programs
- Learn about their child's growth and development
- Who want assistance in communicating with their child
- Who want to stay informed of their child's progress
Help School Staff:
- Better understand individual needs
- Promote communication with parents
- Use resources in planning for students