Deputy District Clerk
Date of Budget Vote & Elections: Tuesday, May 18, 2021
Location: Middle School at 103 State Route 276, Champlain, NY
Mooers Elementary at 16 School Street, Mooers, NY
Notice of Vacancies
Number of Seats Available: Two
Term: Two Expired Four-Year Terms from 07/1/2021 - 06/30/2025
Seats Currently Held By: Stephen Southwick and Mandie Bechard
Number of Signatures Required
Nominating Petitions: Education Law section 2018 has been amended to indicate petitions must be signed by the greater of 25 voters or 2% of voters who voted in the 2019 annual meeting. This modification will reduce the number of signatures required for many districts that saw greater voter turnout for the 2020 annual meeting than they typically do. Therefore at least 25 signatures are required for the Nominating Petition, which must be filed with the District Clerk by 5:00 pm on April 19, 2021.
Eligibility to run for Member of the Board of Education
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be a qualified voter of the district; that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older, and not adjudged to be an incompetent.
- Must be and have been a resident (but need not be a taxpayer) of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year.
- May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
- May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
- May not be a current employee of the school board.
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
Number of Nominating Petitions You May Sign
There is no limit on the number of nominating petitions a district resident may sign.
Qualified Voter May Sign Nominating Petition
A qualified voter is:
- A citizen of the United States
- 18 Years Old
- Resident of the school district for at least 30 days immediately prior to the election at which he or she seeks to vote.
Nominating Form (Available by clicking on the link in the Related Files section below.
Deadline for Filing Petitions
Date: Monday, April 19, 2021 at 5:00 pm
103 State Route 276
Champlaiin, NY 12919
Anna Oliver, Deputy District Clerk