Voting & Elections
2020 ANNUAL BUDGET VOTE & SCHOOL BOARD ELECTION
JUNE 16, 2020 Voting & Elections – Board of Education – Northeastern Clinton Central School District
Governor Andrew Cuomo issued Executive Order 202.39 to extend the date by which school districts can receive absentee ballots and have them count for canvassing toward this year’s school board election and budget vote. The original deadline was 5:00 pm today, June 9, 2020. Pursuant to the Executive Order that deadline is now 5:00 pm, Tuesday June 16, 2020. Executive Order 202.39 requires school districts to canvass all absentee ballots received through the mail by 5:00 pm on Tuesday, June 16, 2020.
School board elections and budget votes will now take place on Tuesday, June 16, 2020.
Manner of Voting
Qualified voters will vote only by absentee ballots. School districts will send out an absentee ballot to all qualified voters, with a postage paid return envelope. Please note the district office is closed to the public.
Absentee ballots must be returned to the District Clerk by 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 9, 2020. Please note the district office is closed to the public.
No signatures are required on Nominating Petitions. Nominating petitions must be emailed to the District Clerk, firstname.lastname@example.org, or sent via US mail to Anna Oliver, District Clerk, 103 State route 276, Champlain, NY 12919 by Monday, May 11, 2020 by 5:00 p.m.
Eligibility to run for Member of the Board of Education
- Must be able to read and write.
- Must be a qualified voter of the district; that is, a citizen of the United States, at least 18 years of age or older, and not adjudged to be an incompetent.
- Must be and have been a resident (but need not be a taxpayer) of the district for a continuous and uninterrupted period of at least one year.
- May not have been removed from any school district office within the preceding year.
- May not reside with another member of the same school board as a member of the same family.
- May not be a current employee of the school board.
- May not simultaneously hold another incompatible public office.
Notice of Vacancies
- Number of Seats Available: Two
- Term: Two Expired Four-Year Terms from 7/1/2020 - 6/30/2024
- Seats currently held by: Robert McDonough & Alan Cardin
- You can vote for one candidate for each seat or write in.
The Board of Education has ongoing registration. Qualified voters can use the New York State Department of Motor Vehicles Electronic Voter Registration Application to register to vote or to update the information they have on file with the New York State Board of Elections. Information regarding that can be located at https://dmv.ny.gov/more-info/electronic-voter-registration-application. The District does not have control over the Department of Motor Vehicles Registration Application process or its registration timelines. Therefore, qualified voters who intend to register through the Department of Motor Vehicles should do so as soon as possible. No person will be entitled to vote whose name does not appear on the School District Register or who has not registered with the Clinton County Board of Registration to vote at the general election.